The purpose of these standards is to enhance the profession of economic development in Virginia.
Commitment to the Association
- To uphold the mission and by-laws of the Association.
- To participate in the organization’s programs, committees and operations.
- To expand member knowledge and experience in economic development and to share this new information with others.
Commitment to Professionalism
- To promote quality investment and jobs in harmony with community goals and the conservation of natural resources.
- To pursue the economic interests of Virginia and its localities through marketing strategies and tactics that refrain from reflecting negatively on Virginia and its localities. In that context, VEDA expects its members to respect the integrity of Virginia’s localities and restrict their in-state outreach efforts to projects involving indigenous business opportunities
- To exercise high ethical standards of conduct in professional relationships with employers, clients, colleagues, and constituencies.To demonstrate professional courtesy and respect to one another.
- To uphold the confidentiality of information provided by clients.
- To demonstrate integrity in all information used to market communities.
- To honor and deliver agreed upon services to clients and to enforce client accountability for performance agreements.