Since 1982, the Virginia Economic Developers Association has been increasing the effectiveness of those who practice economic, industrial, and community development in Virginia. The Virginia Economic Developers Association is the voice in Virginia for shaping economic development public policy and a primary source of strong and effective education and networking for economic development professionals.
- VEDA increases the effectiveness of individuals in the practice of economic development in Virginia.
- VEDA provides a conduit for exchange of information among the members by verbal, written and electronic means.
- VEDA provides input to programs for economic development in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- VEDA offers suggestions and recommendations to insure the Commonwealth of Virginia’s competitive position in economic development.
- VEDA promotes the standards of professionalism among economic developers in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- VEDA encourages the pursuit of professional education through programs offered by organizations within and without the Commonwealth of Virginia.