Building Competitive Advantage to Win
Consultative Economic Development Sales Training
Opportunities to Learn
- Session 1: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 8 am – 5 pm This session is full.
- Session 2: Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 8 am – 5 pm
- VEDA Fall Conference: Wednesday, September 18 – Friday, September 20, 2019
800 East Canal Street, Gateway Plaza, Richmond, Virginia 23219
For additional information or questions contact VEDA@associationbuilders.com
Registration Cost $245
Course Description/Training Highlights
Demonstrating competitive economic development sales skills is no longer just an option for economic development professionals who wish to be successful in retaining, growing, and winning quality jobs for their communities. In this interactive training initiative participants learn and apply skills to prepare, respond, and win in the fierce competition of economic development. This training holds participants’ attention, enables individuals to apply new approaches, builds confidence and competence, shares best practices and provides practical tools that can be used immediately. During the workshops and in the days following the training, participants will be actively involved in demonstrating the skills that winning economic development teams need in this market.
- This interactive training will comfortably challenge those new to economic development as well as the experienced leaders on the team to share best practices and apply new skills.
- Requirements—Economic Development Today: Assessing your consultative economic development sales skills; Responding to the three requirements to win; and Workshop: start strong and open with credibility
- Questioning—Uncovering Prospect Needs: Workshop: understanding a project’s evolving key drivers; Best practice 4-step questioning; and Workshop: navigating the prospect’s decision process.
- Presenting—Differentiating Your Advantage: Presenting a business case—link prospect needs to your solution; Presenting “on the fly” informal presentations; Best practice formal presentations; and Workshop: final visit presentation evolution.
- Closing: Gaining Commitment at Every Step: Workshop: logical closing steps for each phase of the location decision; Preplan in 15 minutes—positioning every presenter to hit the mark; Debrief in 15 minutes—easy to capture continuous improvement.
Case Study Workshop—Winning the Next Opportunity: Preplan, open, question, present, apply strategy, close, and debrief; Case study—presenting “on the fly” at the prospect’s first visit; Case study—final visit, watch the presentation evolve; Commitment to apply this training.
About the Trainer
Carol Johnson (cdialog.com)
Carol is a proven sales expert and is the founder of Continuous Dialog, a professional consulting company specializing in economic development and leadership sales training. While employed with Kraft General Food and MCI, Carol won awards for new products that contributed millions to the bottom-line as well as top sales honors in every sales leadership position she held. She earned a BA in Marketing from Florida State University and an MPA in Finance from Indiana University.
> > > Register for the 2019 VEDA Fall Conference | September 18-20, 2019 | Omni Richmond Hotel < < <
Thank you VEDA Professional Development Training Sponsors