Mark Your Calendar!
The MSI Workforce Solutions Symposium at the VMA Industry Forum will be held on November 2-3, 2017 at the fabulousMarriott Newport News at City Center.Itis the VMA's premiere eventof the year for manufacturers, the MSI Academic and Workforce Partner Network and all workforce leaders across the Commonwealth to discuss topics centered on workforce, world-class automation, productivity,value chain and technology solutions for industry.It also provides attendees with an opportunityto network with peers, participate in professional development and celebrate Virginia manufacturing.
Workforce Symposium Highlights - Day 1 (November 2)
- MSI and DIDIVA Innovation and Best Practices
- State of Modern Manufacturing
- Shared Responsibility: Engaging Industry and Education
- Academic/Workforce Partner Excellence Showcase
- Ken Eisner, Amazon Web Serviceswill discuss their utilization of Cloud Technology for Workforce Education
- Tour of Newport News Shipyard
EARLY BIRD Special Rate for MSI Partners
A special $100 attendee fee has been created for MSI partners that would like to participate in this conference.Click on the "Register Today" link below and select the "Workforce Development Symposium" fee type on the online registration form.
After September 30th, the attendee fee will be $150.
Attendees are invited to stay for the VMA Networking Reception on November 2 and attend forum events on November 3.
Tour Newport News Shipyard
Attendees of this years conference will have an opportunity to tour Newport News Shipyard on Friday (11/3) at noon.Participants will be treated to lunch while Rob Hogan, VP of Manufacturing and Material Distribution, NNS, provides an overview on the shipyard.Below are a few requirements that visitors need to be aware of if they want to participate:
- Only registered attendees of the VMA Industry Forum can participate in the tour.
- All participants must be U.S. citizens. NNS staff will verify each visitor's citizenship on the day of the tour. Please bring a current U.S. passport or original birth certificate accompanied by a government-issued photo ID (ex: driver's license). If your last name has changed because of your marital status, you must bring a copy of your marriage license along with your original birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. Please note, we will not accept expired passports or copies of birth certificates.
- Any device with a camera, video recorder, or image recorder will have limitations on company premises, including cell phones. Photography and videography are strictly prohibited while on company premises. Suspected devices will be held for the duration of the visit and are subject to confiscation.
Buses will return to the Marriott by 2:30pm.There is no additional cost to take the tour however you must register hereto participate.
Please call theMarriott reservation system at 866-329-1758 and ask for the VMA Industry Forum group block to secure a room at the guaranteed group rate of $119 per night.Reservations must be made by October 12th, 2017.You can also make your reservationonline here.
Exhibit at Forum
Exhibiting at a VMA event provides you with the unique opportunity to connect with industry and government leaders to build brand awareness, make key contacts, and show your support for Virginia manufacturers.Please take a moment to review theexhibitor information for this event.