Bring International Opportunities Home: IEDC Online Elective Training Course...
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Bring International Opportunities Home: IEDC Online Elective Training Course - Foreign Direct Investment and Exporting
No Images? Click here
July 9, 16, 23, and 30, 2019 | Online via Cisco WebEx
Connie,if your community is looking to build their foreign direct investment and export strategy, update your existing efforts, or learn how best to execute your plans, IEDC's online training course throughout July should be your go-to resource.
Our advanced course teaches you how to bring the world economy to your community’s front door. Attendees will learn both the fundamentals of attracting foreign investors to your community, as well as the latest trends in successful investment attraction. You will also explore how to better facilitate exports in your community, with an emphasis on how federal and state programs can bring value to your local businesses. The course goes beyond the technical aspects of taking advantage of international opportunities by covering best practices, cultural influences, and the impact of current events.
Register before this Friday, May 24 to save up to $140 on your course registration fees!
Learn more about the course>>
- Master how to maximize your ROI at trade shows and on trade missions.
- Determine what is most appealing to investors about your community, and how to share that information.
- Grasp how private and public financing programs work to ensure exporters of any size have access to capital and insurance.
- Discover how foreign business climates differ from that of the United States and your role in helping your businesses successfully navigate them.
- Develop a greater understanding for how cultural influences are a big part of new market success.
- Become well-versed in trade policy including what steps can be taken if a company encounters barriers, such as tariff, visa, and other regulatory items.
- Understand how federal and state programs support EDOs pursuing FDI and export growth.
President & CEO
Invest Puerto Rico
Vice President, Business Development
ROI Research On Investment
Steven Weathers, CEcD
President & CEO
Erie County Industrial Development Agency
These courses meet the core professional development requirements for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) exam. CEcDs earn recertification credits for participating.
IEDC'S Economic Future Forum
There are only days left to register for the 2019 IEDC Economic Future Forum in Salt Lake City, UT from June 9-11. Register before Friday, May 24, and join #EconDev's top thought leaders as we explore the future of our profession.
This forward-looking tech conference will explore global trends, and the partnerships and strategies needed to grow, attract, retain, and expand companies in established and emerging industries.