Yesterday, IEDC hosted over 1600 registrants on what will be the first in a series of webinars responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Our speakers, led in a discussion by Eloisa Klementich of Invest Atlanta, shared thoughtful insights into what is currently happening and how it relates to previous disasters and crises. Bill Allen, Mike Williams, Jeff Sjostrom and Mike Grella presented information from their own experiences and helped field many (many) questions. We’re working on creating a ‘FAQ’ with the questions and hope to push those out soon.
You can download a recording of the webinar here and download the slides here.
We have just added another free webinar for Monday, March 30th, at 3:00pm ET: COVID-19 Webinar: Demystifying Financial Programs and Resources During this Crisis.
The U.S. federal government offers a number of different financial programs and resources to help communities and businesses respond and recover during and after a crisis. The COVID-19 pandemic is proving to be unprecedented in nearly every way possible, which makes understanding your options even more important. Our second webinar in this series will convene top experts in understanding, leveraging and deploying financial programs and resources, including those from SBA, CDBG, and EDA.
· SBA's available resources, how to access them, and what changes may be coming
· Various funding sources, such as the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL), Disaster Loan Assistance, and business interruption assistance
· EDA's role in providing financing for businesses
· Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) tools to support businesses
· How to connect with your Small Business Development Center and local lenders
· How best to communicate with your businesses and community leaders on what's available and how to use it
We continue to add new content and resources to the RestoreYourEconomy.org website and encourage you to visit the site frequently for the latest information.
More to come.
Stay healthy and safe!