- Work with VEDA’s hired Legislative Liaison to develop, review, and tweak the annual Public Policy Platform and overall approach to Public Policy
- Schedule quarterly meetings with the Secretary of Commerce and Trade; Virginia Economic Development Partnership; Department of Housing & Community Development/GO Virginia; the Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry; and other groups has appropriate.
- Communicate with members about ongoing legislative issues and notify them of any necessary actions
- Economic Development Day at the Virginia General Assembly
- VEDA Legislative Reception
- Conduct a “before the session” webinar to discuss the upcoming General Assembly session and anticipated legislation impacting economic development
- Give public policy update to members at Spring Conference
- Evaluate VEDA’s profile before the Virginia General Assembly
- VEDA Leadership meets to develop Public Policy Agenda through Annual Leadership Retreat.
- VEDA Board reviews and make changes to Public Policy Agenda and approves final Agenda for publication
- Publish VEDA’s Public Policy Agenda
- Presentation of Public Policy Agenda to membership at Fall Conference
- Mail published Public Policy Agenda to Governor’s Cabinet and members of the Virginia General Assembly
- VEDA leadership meets with key legislators, cabinet members and staff